Roving Blue O-Pen, Tactical Blank
Compact Pocket Sized Pen-Style Water Purifier
Whether your adventures bring you to a quaint sidewalk restaurant in a foreign land, or you just want to drink from that cold mountain stream, you can rely on the Roving Blue O-Pen® to ensure that the water is safer to drink.
The O-Pen® is the latest advancement in pocket water purifiers. It makes water safer by infusing it with a cloud of ozone gas. Used by water treatment plants and water bottlers world-wide, ozone is the strongest oxidizer available that can be safely used in water treatment 1
- In 1997, the FDA approved the use of ozone as an anti-microbial agent with indirect contact with foods.
- In 2002, the FDA approved ozone for use on food contact areas and directly on food with its “Generally Regarded as Safe” (GRAS) designation.
- Today, the Organic Foods Production Act (OFPA) identifies aqueous ozone (ozone dissolved in water) as a substance that is allowed for use in organic crop and livestock production.
Partial List of Micro-organisms that Ozone Can Destroy:
- Bacillus anthracis (Anthrax)
- Poliovirus (Poliomyelitis)
- Salmonella paratyphi (Enteric Fever)
- Streptococcus faecalis
- Bacteriophage (E. Coli)
- Dysentery bacilli (Diarrhea)
- Legionella pneumophilia (Legionnaires’ Disease)
- Salmonella (food poisoning)
- Salmonella typhosa (Typhoid Fever)
The O-Pen® is an advanced device housed in a black metal cartridge.
It will purify .5 L or 16 oz. of water in under one minute.
The O-Pen® weighs only 1.2 oz. (30 g).
Rechargeable battery w/ USB cable included. Purifies approximately 25+ liters per charge (about 50 uses)
1. Water Quality Association, “Ozone for POU, POE and Small Water System Water Treatment Applications,” Lisle, IL 1999