Here is a perfectly sweet way to start our your day. The Johnny Apple Seed Oatmeal is a hearty and healthy meal that takes little to no time at all to make and enjoy!
- 2 cups water
- pinch salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 medium apple, diced into 1/2 cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons hemp, flax, or chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Heat the water and salt into a medium pot until it comes to a boil.
- Add the oats, simmer for about ten minutes, or until the oats are tender, stirring occasionally. Halfway through the cooking time, add the apple, spices, and maple syrup.
Recipe Credit: Freshoffthegrid.com