Add some flavor to your campfire meal with this awesome Grilled Chicken Fajitas recipe!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- 2 Tbsp oil or butter
- 1 packet of fajita sauce
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 lime (optional)
Grill the Chicken:
- Grill the chicken on a campfire grill grate over coals from the fire, or heated briquets. Grill the chicken on each side until fully cooked and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. This usually takes about 10 minutes on each side, but cook time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts and how hot your coals are.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before you slice it. In the meantime, get the veggies ready.
Cook the Veggies:
- Heat a cast-iron pan on a camp stove over medium heat. Slice the peppers, onion, and jalapeño (if using) into thin strips.
- Add the oil and the sliced veggies to the pan. Saute for about 6 minutes until the veggies have slightly softened, mixing occasionally.
- Once the chicken is cooked, slice it into thin strips.
- Add the chicken to the pan with the veggies. Add in the simmer sauce.
- Mix well until all the chicken and veggies are coated. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat tortillas on the grill for about 30 seconds each side.
- Scoop some of the fajitas onto a tortilla.
- Serve immediately with a fresh squeeze of lime!
Recipe Credit: amandaoutside.com