Switch out your normal breakfast for something a little spicy: Camp Stove Chilaquiles. This recipe will make your tastebuds and your stomach happy!
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas, , cut into wedges
- ½ red onion, , diced
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 (7oz) can el Pato sauce, (or 1 cup tomato sauce and a chopped jalapeño)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 – 4 eggs
- cilantro, avocado, diced red onion, grated cheese, fresh lime slices
- Heat the oil in a skillet over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the tortilla triangles in a single layer and fry for a few minutes until golden brown, flipping once. Remove and set aside on a paper towel to drain. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the red onions to the remaining oil and saute for a few minutes until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 seconds and then add the tomato sauce, salt, and a splash of water to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, then add the fried tortillas. Stir to coat.
- To cook the eggs, move the tortillas to the outside edges of the skillet to create a well in the center. Drop the eggs into the sauce and cook to your liking–you can scramble them, or cover the skillet and allow them to simply poach in the sauce.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe Credit: freshoffthegrid.com